Ahead of the 2018 Big Farmland Bird Count we will be running a series of farmland bird identification days for farmers throughout January and February. You can book your place now, be quick though - there are only 25 places available for each day:
- Essex - 17 January >
- Shropshire - 18 January >
- Herefordshire - 23 January > - SOLD OUT
- Devon - 24 January > - SOLD OUT
- Aberdeenshire - 26 January >
- Somerset - 30 January >
- Northern Ireland - 31 January >
- Norfolk -2 February >
- Lincolnshire - 2 February >
- Cambridgeshire - 2 February >
- Hampshire - 5 February >
- Wiltshire - 6 February > - SOLD OUT
- Denbighshire - 6 February >
- Powys - 7 February >
- Sussex - 7 February > - SOLD OUT
- North Yorkshire - 8 February >
- Leicestershire - 9 February >
These days are always very popular and the feedback we receive from farmers who attend is very positive.
About the ID days
- Each day is run by a farmland bird expert and a colour ID guide is provided with a focus on birds that are harder to identify.
- Refreshments are included and participants are able to go out on a farm to do some bird identification.
- At the end of the training we hope that farmers can recognise the top 20 bird species likely to be seen on farmland over winter.