Help us create a thriving countryside rich in game and other wildlife
Donate Now >
What do we do?
- We use science to promote game and wildlife management as an essential part of nature conservation.
- We develop scientifically researched game and wildlife management techniques.
- We promote our work to conservationists, including farmers and landowners and offer an on-site advisory service on all aspects of game and wildlife management, so that Britain’s countryside and its wildlife are enhanced for the public benefit.
- We influence government policy with sound science that creates progressive and effective policies.
- We support best practice for field sports that contribute to improving the biodiversity of the countryside.
What do we believe?
- Scientific research should underpin sustainable conservation practice.
- Game and wildlife management is the foundation of good conservation.
- Field sports (in particular shooting and fishing) can contribute substantially to the conservation of landscape, habitat and wildlife.
- Humane and targeted predator control is an essential part of effective game and wildlife conservation.
- We utterly oppose those who engage in wildlife crime.
- Good conservation goes hand-in-hand with economic land use.
How your money is spent
- We spent nearly £6m on vital game and wildlife research and public education last year. Click here for our summary report and financial statement for the year ended 31 December 2019.