The Welland Valley Partnership, working in partnership with Defra’s Sustainable Intensification Research Platform would like to invite you to a free on-farm workshop. The event will provide an overview of:
- The latest developments into cover crop research
- A practical look at how they can be managed, treated and destroyed
- An overview of the possible benefits they can provide including improvements to soil condition and farm productivity
- First-hand experience from a drill designer and manufacturer
- Advice on seed mixes and how to choose the right mix for your farm
- Our own practical experience and research results of cover crops and reducing cultivations
Speakers will include:
- Nathan Morris (Farming Systems and Soils Specialist, NIAB TAG)
- Chris Stoate (Head of Research, The Allerton Project)
- Felicity Crotty (Soil Scientist, The Allerton Project)
- James Dale (Dale Drills)
- Richard Barnes (Kings)
- Phil Jarvis (Head of Farming, The Allerton Project)
The Campaign for The Farmed Environment will also be present on the day to answer questions about cover crops and greening, and how this approach fits with CFE Voluntary Measures.
The event will start at 10.30am and finish at 3.00pm.
Lunch will be provided. Please bring suitable footwear as there will be a farm walk.
BASIS and NRoSO CPD points are available for attendees.
Places are initially being offered to farmers in the Welland river basin but will soon be offered more widely, so please book now to secure your place.
Book by calling 01572 717220 or email email@example.com. Please be sure to include the following information when contacting us: 1. The event date; 2. Your name; 3.Your address and postcode; 4.Total number of spaces required; and 5. A telephone contact number.