A day run by the GWCT Advisory Team covering important aspects of woodland management including:
- Preparing the land for planting – preparation of a woodland planting site and possible seed mixes that may be planted prior to woodland establishment.
- Woodland planting and establishment – things to consider, species, structure and planting tips.
- Woodland Management, habitat and controlling deer and grey squirrels.
- Managing woods to maximise the benefit for game and wildlife.
- Sustainable gamebird management in woodlands.
- Grants and Permissions – Countryside Stewardship Grants and how to apply. What licences and permissions are needed and when?
- Woodland Walk – This will take place in maturing plantation woodland, new plantings and semi–natural ancient woodland.
Refreshments will be provided.