Latest GWCT Fisheries Research Report published
The 2018 GWCT Fisheries Research Report is now online and available to download here.
This comprehensive 24-page document provides a summary of all the research our fisheries team conducted in 2018, including:
- River Frome salmon population
A. Adult salmon estimate
B. Estimate of juvenile salmon
C. Smolt estimate
- Salmon and sea trout at sea
A. Which are the fastest fish?
B. Sea trout in the marine environment
- Does capturing and tagging wild salmon smolts affect their survival at sea?
- Impacts of reduced discharge on salmonid ecosystems
- Juvenile salmonid densities and habitat
- Atlantic salmon return rate and smolt length
- Overwinter growth of juvenile salmon
- Scientific publications
- Reward for tagged sea trout
Get your GWCT Fisheries Badge for £9.99
£5 from the sale of each badge goes directly to our fisheries research centre in Dorset
You can help us understand what's driving the decline in Atlantic Salmon numbers by buying one of our salmon pewter pin badges. The badge measures approx. 3cm.
View Badge >
Buy Now - £9.99 >
100% Secure. All Credit & Debit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay accepted.