Date: Tuesday 22nd January 2019
Time: 09:00 – 15:20
Location: Central London
Providing a platform for senior decision makers to discuss the key issues within UK Agriculture, Westminster Insight’s timely conference, The Future of Farming and Agriculture Conference, will feature contributions from industry leaders such as the NFU, WWF, and DEFRA.
Unpacking the UK Government’s ground-breaking new Agriculture Bill, the legislation aims to be the basis for a more progressive, profitable and sustainable environment for British farmers, as we move on from the EU Common Agricultural Policy.
This new bill sets out a framework for farmers and land managers, focusing on how farmers will be paid for providing "public goods", such as improved air quality, higher animals standards, and measures to reduce flooding. Listening to senior officials within the farming industry, this will be a fantastic opportunity for you to network with peers and explore this piece of legislation further.
Expert speakers include:
- (Chair) Lord Curry of Kirkharle CBE, House of Lords
- (Keynote) Andrew Clark, Director of Policy, National Farmers' Union (NFU)
- (Keynote) Tony Juniper CBE, Executive Director, Advocacy and Campaigns, WWF UK
- (Key-note) David Kennedy, Director General for Food, Farming and Biosecurity, DEFRA
- Christopher Price, Director of Policy and Advice, CLA
- Professor Allan Buckwell, Senior Research Fellow, Institute for European Environmental Policy (IEEP)
- Phil Bicknell, Market Intelligence Director, AHDB
- Liz Bowles, Head of Farming, Soil Association
- Robin Milton, Chair, Exmoor National Park Authority, Deputy Chair Upland Alliance, Devon, LNP Board Member
- Professor Chungui Lu, Professor of Sustainable Agriculture, School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences, Nottingham Trent University
- Dr Alastair Leake, Director of the Allerton Project, Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust
- Belinda Gordon, Strategy Director, Green Alliance
- Andy Richardson, Head of Corporate Affairs, Volac & Chair, UK Dairy Productivity Collaboration
Topics of discussion:
- Progressive Farming and Maintaining High Quality Standards: Ensuring high quality animal welfare standards, high quality values in food safety and exploring new global markets & the risk of competitive disadvantages
- Sustainable Farming: Renewed focus on maintaining protection to the UK’s natural wildlife, exploring government policy with regards to soil health, flood risk, diffuse pollution, and assessing the value of natural capital.
- Assessing the profitability and competitiveness of UK Agricultural Products: Identifying new funding models, preparing for potential new tariff and non-tariff barriers that might reduce competitiveness, and how to ensure that agricultural practices are responding to consumer needs.
This conference promises to provide valuable insight into the future of farming in the UK, uniting leading figures in agriculture as they set about scrutinising government policy as focus turns towards a post-Brexit era.
A discount of 15% off our regular rates can be applied, however if you book two places or more a 25% discount can be applied, using the codes below.
In the “promotional code” section of the booking form, use the code GWCT7B-HBCO to receive 15% and the code GWCT7K-HBCO to receive 25%.
Book your place today: http://bit.ly/2CKXM23
Follow the Westminster Insight social network and join the conversation: Twitter| LinkedIn