- Date: Thursday 18th July 2019
- Time: 09:00 - 15:35
- Location: Zone 1, Central London
Exploring the challenges facing the farming sector, join major stakeholders at Westminster Insight’s Future of Farming Conference, where you’ll learn more about the advanced approaches being undertaken to ensure a more progressive, profitable and sustainable environment for British farmers.
Discussing the impact of the Agriculture Bill, you will gain insight into innovative practice methods and technological methods that can improve farmers’ yield and help increase productivity. You will also learn about the sustainability of current methods and review the trend towards organic, ethically sourced plant-based products.
- Guy Smith, Deputy President, NFU
- Charles Smith, Chief Executive, The Farming Community Network
- Jonathan Hall, Director of Policy, NFU Scotland
- Liz Bowles, Associate Director Farming and Land Use, Soil Association
- Andrew Swift, CEO, Fera Science Ltd
- Belinda Gordon, Strategy Director, Green Alliance
- Dr Alastair Leake, Director, Allerton Project, Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust
- Phil Bicknell, Market Intelligence Director, AHDB
- Emily Norton, Head of Research for the Rural, Energy and Projects Division, Savills
- Dr Jess Davies, Senior Lecturer in Sustainability, Lancaster University
- Dr Ludivine Petetin, Lecturer in Law, Cardiff University
- John Martin, Conservation Team Leader, Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB), Northern Ireland
Experts will also explore the impacts on farmers’ production plans as livelihoods have become susceptible to changing environment conditions.
Special focus will be provided on the on-going efforts in de-stigmatising mental health in the farming community. You will also hear how financial incentives can protect farmers.
View the agenda | Reserve your place
GWCTZO-HBSP for 1 delegate (20% off)
GWCTEO-HBSP for 2+ delegates (30% off)