With the arrival of fine weather, we are looking forward to welcoming members to the GWCT stand at the Game Fair when it returns to Ragley Hall, Warwickshire 23-25th July (for show details see its website).
Roger Draycott and his advisory staff will be there to answer questions and hear your thoughts, particularly on the new Pheasant Releasing Report and Releasing Guidelines. Research staff will be on hand and bring examples of their work on the new GWCT Owl Box Initiative. For those that have questions about owls or wish to share what you have learnt please do this opportunity to discuss it with Jodie Case and Niamh McHugh.
It’s not all science, we will still have the members’ garden area where you can sit down and relax or look at some of the stunning art from the GWCT Online Wildlife Art Gallery. Sporting artist Ashley Boon will be on hand to answer your questions. Jamie Daniell and Karen Raine will be there to help with any membership questions.
On the stand you will also find:
- Tea, coffee, water and soft drinks
- Free wifi for members and guests
- USB charging points for your phone (please bring your phone charging lead)
As you would expect we have incorporated some Covid-19 control measures, the most obvious being that the front of the stand will be fenced to allow us to control numbers, and visitors will be asked to sanitise their hands as they pass our foot-operated gel dispensers.
If you look at the map below you will see the GWCT stand (in the red circle H610) is fairly central. Weather permitting, we will also be flying our green blimp to help with the navigation but if in doubt head for the Game Fair Theatre and you will be very close.
GWCT Stand location circled in red
If you wish to follow GWCT activity in the theatre, there are plenty of opportunities (please note these timings may alter slightly):
- 10.00-11.00am Lead ammunition (Andrew Gilruth)
- 12.15-12.40am GWCT Releasing report (Roger Draycott)
- 2.00- 2.30pm Partnership working (Teresa Dent)
- 2.30-2.40pm GWCT Life Fellowship presentation (Teresa Dent)
- 10.00-11.00am Upland matters (Andrew Gilruth)
- 12.30-1.00pm GFA pen scoring and GWCT releasing (Roger Draycott)
- 10.00-11.30am Careers in the countryside (Jodie Case)
- 3.30-4.00pm GWCT Owl project (Jodie Case)
Members may be interested that the theatre organisers have invited Mark Avery to the upland discussion on Saturday morning. If you would like to suggest a point you feel we should be put to Mark, do let us know by submitting it in the comments box below.