“From under your feet, to the far horizon!”
How in-field decision making affects the wider countryside
A half-day workshop to scrutinise the choices that we make on a field by field basis and how they in turn might affect soil health, water quality and wildlife abundance.
A joint Hampshire/Wiltshire CFE event on Wednesday 26 February 2014
From 9.00am – 1pm followed by buffet lunch
- Arrive: From 9am for coffee & tea
- 9.30 George Atkinson (Hampshire farmer) - Chairman’s welcome
- 9.35 Louise Stratton (FWAG & CFE) – A quick refresher on CFE
- 9.45 Anna Becvar (Earthcare technical Ltd) – Digging deep into soil management
- 10.10 Jane Whiteman (EA) – Working towards “Water, water everywhere and all of it drinkable!”
- 10.35 Seumas Foster (Agronomist) – The dos, don’ts and maybes of agronomic decision making
- 11.00 Questions
- 11.15 Break
- 11.25 Nick Tomalin/Charlotte Bruce-White (RSPB) – The decisions that “In field birds” make!
- 11.50 Peter Thompson (CFE & GWCT) – “Wild thing, I think I love you”. Farming with wildlife in mind
- 12.15 Andrew Ferguson (Farm manager - Leckford estate) – Putting it all into practice. Learning how to become a professional juggler!
- 12.40 Questions followed by a buffet lunch
This is a free CFE funded event. However registration is essential to secure your place.
Email Peter Thompson at email@example.com or ring 07710 344340 to book a place.