We aim for a thriving countryside rich in game and other wildlife
What do we do?
- We use science to promote game and wildlife management as an essential part of nature conservation.
- We develop scientifically researched game and wildlife management techniques.
- We promote our work to conservationists, including farmers and landowners and offer an on-site advisory service on all aspects of game and wildlife management, so that Britain’s countryside and its wildlife are enhanced for the public benefit.
- We influence government policy with sound science that creates progressive and effective policies.
- We support best practice for field sports that contribute to improving the biodiversity of the countryside.
What do we believe?
- Scientific research should underpin sustainable conservation practice.
- Game and wildlife management is the foundation of good conservation.
- Field sports (in particular shooting and fishing) can contribute substantially to the conservation of landscape, habitat and wildlife.
- Humane and targeted predator control is an essential part of effective game and wildlife conservation.
- Good conservation goes hand-in-hand with economic land use.
Stay updated with our free email newsletter
Subscribe to our free newsletter today to enjoy the following benefits:
✓ Get all the latest GWCT & member news
✓ Discover exciting new research findings
✓ Stay updated on exclusive upcoming events
✓ Learn about fascinating new research projects
✓ Receive unique offers & promotions