The meeting will consider the impacts of possible trade agreements on environmental standards and on a domestic agri-environment support programme.
- Will the ambition for high environmental standards in UK farming suffer in the desire for free trade agreements?
- Will WTO rules restrict our ability to increase payments based on “public benefit”?
- Is there scope within WTO Annex 2 for a broader interpretation than the EU has chosen to adopt?
- Does Annex 2 contain all the tools necessary for effective agri-environment support?
- Dr Ludivine Petetin of the School of Law & Politics at Cardiff University.